Sunday, July 20, 2014

...You say "Screw It" and Buy a New One.

So we waited about a week for the new dryer belt to come in from Amazon and even though I ordered it a bit smaller than the broken one measured, it was still too big.  There was a pulley to keep the belt taut that had fallen off so we got a new nut and bolt to put I back in place, but the belt still kept slipping.  My boyfriend, sorry, my fiancée, spent about an hour laying on the dirty basement floor covered in dust and dirt but the drum wouldn't turn.  This obviously wouldn't be an easy fix.

I was done waiting to dry my clothes or having to go somewhere else to do my laundry.  It was time to shop for a new one.  I looked online at all of the deals and found the best one at ABC Warehouse.  My fiancée and I made plans to meet up after work to pick it up.  Luckily, I decided to call the store first.  They didn't have it so I called another location - they only had the display and could order me a different, slightly more expensive one if I came in to order it.  I had laundry to do.  I wanted it that day so I called a third location who told me that all of the local stores only had the display which they wouldn't sell.  Why does life have to be so hard?

I found one that was $80 more on Best Buy's website.  I could pay for it online and pick it up in the store on the same day.  That was worth the extra money to me.  It took no time to get it into our basement and hooked up.  It's strange to think how much I would have freaked out in my early 20s if this would have happened.  There would be no way for me to afford a new dryer or figure out how to fix one.  In some ways growing up is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment